Wednesday 5 May 2010

This is what's happening.

Well, I said I'd update so I suppose I should... although after so many people asking me I'm not really sure I want to spout it off again! Of course, they're all lovely thoughtful people who care about me, so it's all lovely, but it doesn't half get tiring telling loads of people the same information over and over.

Anyhoo, in brief: going into hospital tomorrow evening and then having a caesarean the following day. Probably morning but they don't know for certain since it depends on whether there are any emergency ones at the time, as they obviously take precedence. The reason I'm going in the day before is because they starve you before the op, and obviously that can get complicated for an insulin-dependent diabetic...

Yeah, you know I don't want a caesarean. But I also want - no, need - to do what I possibly can to help the baby... if it's going to be dangerous to give birth naturally then really, whatever I think or want, I've actually got no choice against my motherly instinct!!

The good thing about having a c/s on friday is that I will no longer be huge. Boy am I looking forward to that. Roughly speaking, my tummy is about as big as a big 42-week pregnant woman. At nearly 38 weeks, I really shouldn't be that large!

And of course the most exciting thing of all is that we're going to meet our baby!

(Photo: link)


I'm really not looking forward to being in hospital, but at least I'll have company the whole time! (Assuming all is well with the baby. Unlike the poor little gal in that photo.) Recently I keep wondering what it'll look like. Even more than what sex it is... I can't wait to meet my baby!!

One more day to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment